PROACTIVE, PROFESSIONAL, PASSIONNATE
Déshumidification Commerciale Charles Rouleau (D.C.C.R.) is a company specializing in the partial or turnkey management of high-quality post-disaster commercial, industrial, institutional or residential dehumidification projects. We also manage for our clients disaster damage involving the restoration or preservation of documents.
We are project consultants and/or managers and we carry out emergency and water damage projects, etc., i.e. water extraction, clean-up, dehumidification of buildings and documents.
In the emergency operations field, proactive preparation is a gauge of success and vision and in this regard, D.C.C.R. possesses a network of contacts and of suppliers in all domains related to our services. We are very proud of the alliances that we have forged with our transporters, electricians, plumbers, roofers, dehumidification equipment and generator suppliers, microbiologists, certified appraisers, demolition-reconstruction contractors, specialists in restoration of electronic equipment, water extraction experts and post-disaster cleanup crews, mould extractors, etc. For D.C.C.R., what counts most is to to be able to switch into hight gear as soon as the situation demands it, regardless of the scope of the problem, regardless of when it occurs.
All of those we work with are part of the elite in the field of disaster management services.
It is an easy matter to observe the PASSIONNATE conduct of the members of our team during execution of a post-disaster dehumidification project. In most cases, when the challenge is of any substantial size, the client is in shock pursuant to major or minor water damage. For D.C.C.R., the larger the disaster, the more the adrenaline rises in us. This pushes us to perform and to excel. In a very short period, the client, devastated until now, will feel this energy that we give off, and will become increasingly self-assured even while faced with the event at hand.
As you know, in emergencies, it is important to make clear-headed decisions quickly and on the spot. Effectiveness is essential: choosing the right strategies and the right suppliers crucial. You must also be efficient: covering expenses at costs corresponding to the best market conditions in regard to price and quality.
Following clean-up procedures done incorrectly, the presence of mould proves to be a real nightmare for the owner of a building. Reaction time is of capital importance, since water damage can lead to additional heavy expense if the dehumidification process is not carried out properly. The presence of mould on and in materials following an improper clean-up intervention proves to be a real nightmare for the owner of a building. Why? Because all materials that are contaminated must be removed, the premises become uninhabitable, (tenant-occupants moved out and relocated) and ventilation systems must be decontaminated. The landlord or owner and the tenants lose both income and time. They are also vulnerable to being sued as they cannot fulfil their respective commitments. Reconstruction pursuant to demolition involves expenses five and ten times heavier than that expected theretofore for a post-disaster restoration operation.
We are project consultants and/or managers and we carry out emergency and water damage projects, etc., i.e. water extraction, clean-up, dehumidification of buildings and documents. Here are some of the different aspects of our services:
- Analysis of extent of damages and dehumidification strategy to be employed
- Analysis of materials to be dehumidified and verification of current condition of materials so as to determine the presence or absence of mould existing before the event, by making openings or perforations in the gypsum at baseboard level
- Assessment of approximate costs and time periods for building dehumidification
- Management of cutting and drilling work performed by general contractor
- Installation of dehumidification, ventilation, and HEPA air-quality filtration units
- Installation of generators and temporary electric panels when necessary
- Production of documentation necessary for effective overseeing of the disaster project:
Complete report of extent of damages, with photos.
Management of activities and overseeing of daily operations of suppliers involved:
a) Clean-up crews, water extraction teams, electricians, generator and dehumidifier suppliers, general contractors, microbiologists, etc.
b) Development of dehumidification strategy
c) Operational quality control
d) Tight control of supplier time slips
e) Daily reporting on humidity levels of ambient air materials as well as of performance of equipment on site as a percentage of humidity and temperature
f ) Final works report with certification of conformity to protocols issued by a recognized microbiology company as chosen by you (in regard to ambient air and materials quality compared to an outside undamaged area).
- During emergency work in cases of water damage to documents, management of all stages of document recovery:
a) Choice of supplier according to type of documents (with your agreement, chosen from across Canada)
b Taking of inventory with an internal appropriate staff member
c) Packaging strategy
e) Costing control with two contract bidders: transport, warehousing, freeze storage, dehumidification, reproduction and labour
f) Analysis of time for return of documents based on individual importance
g) The added value of our services:
* Transparent and total control of costs
* Economy in time, materials and money
* Quality control of operations and of suppliers
* Decision-making based on many years of expertise
* Clear documentation conforming to industry standards
* Effective and bilingual pan-Canadian service
* Effective communication with managers and suppliers
* Confidentiality and professionalism